Sunday 22 August 2010

21:07 pm

Let me tell you something interesting. Okay, two things. Nope. Many things.

My father is a Pastor. And I didn't smoke, or drink my entire high school career.

Thinking about it now, the path to my metamorphosis is quite astounding. I mean there was no clear signs that would point to the person I am today, there was no direct route, no obvious outcome.

I've just always been myself.

I've just always done what I wanted to do.

I didn't want to smoke or drink. So I didn't.

Then all of a sudden. I just didn't. It's kind of like when your favorite color changes. Preferences change you know? You go to a restaurant you've been eating at for years and all of a sudden decide to eat something you've never tried before.

Change in a change you know?

So after I graduated high school the great summer of 07 came upon me and all of a sudden. I was drinking, I was smoking , I was cheating on the "love of my life", I was changing, I was growing and to put it simply.

I was doing whatever the fuck I wanted.

Because that's me. That's the mystery behind ME. The strength and the weakness behind this great machine. I do what I want and I don't hold myself back.

I was talking to someone, a friend with whom I had lost touch with for almost 6 years. She asked me if I was still the same ME. And that if a random person chats me up, I’d still be nice.

And I can't help but laugh at the innocence of that question. Because when you think about it, not that much time has passed it's just that the amount of shit I've managed to pile in such a small amount of time has forced me out of...well...myself.

That Femi? That Femi was a doppelganger of this Femi.

There isn't much difference; the wording of my translation has switched up is all.
And maybe it's in a different language as well.

I can do what I want and have it not reflect badly on my life because in the end

I'm not a bad person. I'm just trying to die happy.

So if you want to have a nice little chat with me go ahead.

I won't bite.

As long as you don’t pull a “I don’t talk to Potheads” bullshit with me.

I will, talk to you, later. Amen, thank you Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home