Tuesday 17 August 2010

A passing thought. Please don't crucify me.

The beauty of life is vast and magnificent, immeasurable and unknown, life and death could be one in the same, one could simply be a pathway to another. I find it hard to imagine that these little children's souls, that the light I saw in these boy's eye's this morning will pass forever, never to be seen again. After walking through this unit my believe in reincarnation is reinforced.

I don't believe the Creator would waste such magnificence, especially magnificence created by his own hand.

A child is a terrible thing to lose, you can call it my coping mechanism but there are too many questions about the scientific make up of my soul for me to believe that after death there is nothing else.

I refuse to believe that that little boy I saw the first day I went there for my pre-op test, the little boy with the smeared Quran verses in blue ink on his forehead who died the next day's soul is lost forever.

It's just too cruel.

You can sit there and say that life is cruel, but it is what we have put into our lives that has made it thus, all these material items, all these man made destruction has made our existence difficult.

Did God make war? Did God create murder?

Christianity states that he gave us free will, and with that free will we paved our own path. Perhaps he's simply been watching us create our own disastrous cause and effects. Simply waiting for it to either all end, or for us to change.

All he gave us was the stage, and the ability to act on it. We provided the props, the costumes, the food we consume, we've altered everything.

I hear the prayer call and wonder how many Muslims have stopped their tasks to get on their knee's and pray. I also wonder if the same rules where implemented in Christianity would I have done it 5 times a day? As twisted as Islam is, Christianity is just as warped...but at least the Islamic faith remains dedicated.

At least they're dedicated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"At least they're dedicated". That is so true. There are many things wrong with religion.. I personally I'm not religious. But I believe in God. I have lost faith in churches, but I still believe in The Church. Christians can learn a lot from Muslims; their dedication to prayer, their obedience, their sacrifice. No wonder they look at us poorly. We are letting our faith down. We are letting God down.

17 August 2010 at 03:29  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home